Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Amsterdam part 3

Ah yes: the waiting game. Patience is the very foundation of safe and inexpensive travel.
Here I sit in the waiting area of the hostel, shamelessly over-staying my welcome as an attempt to burn a bit of time before my late night departure to Buenos Aires. I could find something to do, but it's warm and the wifi is free in this lobby. The free wifi (most always a hindrance) allows me read tourist crime reports in the areas I'll be traveling. Perfect, I'll almost certainly be held at gunpoint in exchange for all of my belongings. Or robbed on the bus. Or robbed on the taxi. While dramatized and I'm fairly confident in the relative safety of the areas I'm traveling, I've prepared myself all the same: "they can't steal everything I own twice in one day."

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to safety arriving at a friend's house in Buenos Aires and proving the pages and pages of inexperienced traveler's column fodder to be just that.
AV





No comments:

Post a Comment